Penshurst West Public School

Where children love to learn

Telephone02 9570 4602


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Enrolment Policy

All students who live in the school's zoned area automatically qualify for enrolment at Penshurst West Public School. The permanent residential address provided by the parent/guardian is used to determine in-zone qualifications. Proof of residency is to be provided at the time of submitting an enrolment application.

Children may enrol in Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn 5 years by the 31st July that year. Proof of your child's age (birth certificate, if born in Australia or passport if born overseas) must be shown to enrol.

Immunisation certificates must be completed by a doctor before your child can start school.  

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol 

When you’re ready to enrol your child in our school, you’ll attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment or contact us to discuss your child’s enrolment.

Download an application to enrol (PDF 579KB).

Application forms must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the temporary residents program.

Non-local enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.